Reggie

Reggie

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sweet, Beautiful Boy!

When I got home from work on Friday afternoon, Reggie was excited to see me but greeted me with non-humping enthusiasm. He walked nicely on leash through the neighborhood. He ran madly around the back yard (he's not supposed to run or jump while he has stitches, but I didn't have the heart to make him stop when he was having so much fun).

He lay quietly on his bed in the kitchen while I worked. At suppertime, I put food in his bowl outside and started to walk away. He stopped eating to see where I was, then seemed torn between going with me and finishing his meal. So I sat and massaged him while he ate. I think he's getting a bit spoiled already!

Friday night, we decided to try letting Reggie sleep indoors. It was the weekend, so if we missed some sleep it wouldn't hurt too bad. He has a habit of putting his paws up on countertops and chairs, so I patrolled the kitchen for things he might steal to eat or chew. We needn't have worried; he nestled into his bed and slept soundly.

A few days made such a difference. Reggie was settling into a routine and feeling more confident and comfortable. He eats up attention and returns affection with enthusiastic kisses. He's getting better at sit, but quickly pops up to lick your face as fast as you can say "good dog."

No comments:

Post a Comment